Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Dear Reader:
"Resilience matters" is a story - my story - that has been in my heart and on my mind for more than sixty years. I originally decided to write it for my children and grandchildren; however, many have told me it would be inspirational reading for others who have led a less than privileged life

In these pages you will join me on a journey through the foster care system, an abusive first marriage, and the ordeal of breast cancer, which included multiple reconstructive surgeries. At this point in my life, I am happy to report I have arrived at a place of perfect contentment.

It is my hope that those who read this book will find the courage to put themselves first, while honoring their personal histories that live in their hearts and souls
.
I also hope that my readers will learn to always hold onto their dreams. Dreams can come true. Mine did!

Joanne Bellontine

4 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to read Resilience Matters! You have had a difficult incredible journey,that has made you the wonderful person you are. YOU are living proof that resilience does indeed matter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will your book be available by Christmas???? I'd like to give several copies as gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am waiting for Resilience Matters to hit the stands. You are truly a wonderful friend and an inspiration to me and others. Some people come into your life for a reason or a season, you are absolutely in my life for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, Joanne! You have empowered yourself by writing this, and the book will empower others. Let us know when it hits the bookstores!

    ReplyDelete